Dakwak Search API allows you to search in all versions of your website. It returns the phrases that match your query in the translated and the original versions of your website, along with the pages where these phrases were found. To use it, simply send a Request with a search query, then a Response will be returned -in JSON or XML format- with the search results that match your query.
Send a POST request to the following:
Then, replace the bold capitalized words with their corresponding values:
- apikey: this is long unique string used to identify your website, and to allow you to access the search API. To request your website’s API Key, go to Dashboard -> My Website Content -> Settings then click on blue the button “Request API Key”. An email will be sent to the support staff at dakwak and they will contact you with your website’s API Key.
- q: the phrase you want to search for, it can be in any language you translated your website to.
- lang: the language of the phrase you want to search for. Use the shortcut of the language, based on this table:
Language Shortcut Language Shortcut Language Shortcut Afrikaans af Greek el Romanian ro Albanian sq Hebrew iw Russian ru Arabic ar Hindi hi Serbian sr Belarusian be Hungarian hu Slovak sk Bulgarian bg Icelandic is Slovenian sl Catalan ca Indonesian id Spanish es Chinese (Simplified) zh-CN Irish ga Swahili sw Croatian hr Italian it Swedish sv Czech cs Japanese ja Thai th Danish da Korean ko Turkish tr Dutch nl Latvian lv Ukrainian uk English en Lithuanian lt Vietnamese vi Estonian et Macedonian mk Welsh cy Filipino tl Malay ms Yiddish yi Finnish fi Maltese mt Urdu ur French fr Persian fa Chinese (Traditional) zh-TW Galician gl Polish pl French (Canada) fr-CA German de Portuguese (Europe) pt-PT Spanish (Latin America) es-LA Portuguese (Brazil) pt-BR
The request should look something like this:
or, if you’re searching in Spanish:
When you send the request, and if all fields are valid, you will get a response that looks like this:
"source_text": "hello world",
"translated_text": "hola mundo",
"page_urls": ["/page1", "/page2"]
"page_urls": ["/page3", "/page4"]
- apikey, lang and q fields contain the same values of the request
- results is an array that contains the search results, each element contains:
- source_text: the original un-translated phrase
- translated_text: the translated phrase that matches the query
- page_urls: an array of page URLs where the searched query was found
If you get an error instead of search results, it means your request contains invalid information or misses some required information. Please check the correct request format.
- 1100: ‘apikey’ is a required field
You left the apikey field empty, didn’t include it in your request, or misspelled ‘apikey’
- 1101: ‘lang’ is a required field
You left the lang field empty, didn’t include it in your request, or misspelled ‘lang’
- 1102: ‘q’ is a required field
You left the q field empty or didn’t include it in your request
- 1300: apikey must be valid
You used a wrong API key; make sure you copy the full API key of your website
- 1301: language is not valid or supported
The language you requested is not supported by dakwak.com or does not exist. Make sure to choose the correct language shortcut from the table above
- 1500: language is not included in your plan
The language you chose is not included in your plan, please choose another language